Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Kindness A Two Way Street

Kindness - A Two Way Street
by Matthew Costello

Most people who know me, know that I don't personally write a lot of the content on this site, however, I sometimes want to share a personally experience and after hours and hours of trying to make my article perfect, I finally decide to post what I've written in hopes my message is loud and clear.

The other day, I received an email from a dear friend praising this site and the goal of One Kind Act. I had to read the email a few times before it finally sunk in. My friend whom, I've never met in person, and lives in another country, was sending me a message, knowing that at that time, I was very frustrated with the growth One Kind Act, and wondering if the site and concept would actually, grow far greater than I could ever imagine.

In my mind, I was questioning if it was time to let go or to keep moving at this pace, and hope that someday things would change for the better. His powerful message filled with motivation and inspiration reminded me that kindness is a "Two Way Street," something I sometimes forget. I have spent so much time trying to be kind to others, that I was not allowing myself to see just how kind people have been to me.

I very much believe in having an Attitude of Gratitude and practice this each day. I am very grateful for many things, especially over the past two years, which has been these most challenging time in my life and continues still continues to be. I have always known that kindness, is a "two way" street; however, the message from my friend, which arrived right on time, was like a giant flashing sign, flashing the words, "look at all of the kindness that surrounds you!"

So, what I am trying to say that in our quest to be kind to others, and make the world a better place, lets also take the time to see all of the kindness that we receive, sometimes in return for our kind acts, and sometimes from another who simply wants to be kind.

Kindness is not only a powerful force, it is a "two way" street that we need to drive down, from time to time.


Thanks to all who have been so kind.

Technorati : , , ,

No comments: