Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Raincheck for Lunch

by AURELIA

I work until noon on Fridays and my husband is always happy to have me at home to eat lunch with (he works from home).

Today a friend at work was having a difficult time and needed someone to vent to. I suggested that we go and grab a bite to eat and she agreed it would be a great idea. So, I had to cancel my usual Friday lunch date with my hubby and instead I got a raincheck for next Friday :0)

thanks-for-being-my-friendI'm happy that I went to lunch with Ann. She really needed to vent and I did a bit also. Then we started laughing and talking about good stuff. By the time I dropped her back off at the office, she was smiling and ready to finish up her day. I was able to go home and spend the afternoon feeling good because I know that we both needed that time together. :-)


As much as I hated to break my date with my husband, I am sure that I was meant to have lunch with Ann.

Re-printed from HelpOthers.org, a great site filled with awesome stories of kindness. For additional stories, visit www.helpothers.org © Copyright 2006 - 2009 All Rights Reserved.


No comments: